Going gluten-free was hard enough, but giving up our family’s favorite Beer Bread recipe was tough.
In a quest to create gluten-free bread, I tried recipe after recipe, tweaking ingredients each time.
Finally, after finding the perfect mixture of various flours, I finally came up with a wheat-free beer bread that has the right taste and texture that satisfied our craving for delicious bread.
See Our Blog
For tips on making money, saving money, and organizing, visit our niche pages here:
Cut thick slices for a satisfying side dish with any meal, or cut thin slices to make delicious (although crumbly) wheat-free sandwich bread.
For a delicious party dish, cut it into chunks and serve it with your favorite dip. It’s a tasty twist on an old recipe.
For the best results, use a pale gluten-free beer that has a subtle flavor.
For a different treat, try an alcoholic cider made by beer companies. Enjoy!
The Best Gluten-Free Beer BreadPrep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour
1-1/4 cup white rice flour
1-1/4 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 tsp xantham gum
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
2 dashes of salt
1 bottle of gluten-free beer, 12 oz.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a stoneware loaf pan with gluten-free spray oil.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk two eggs together and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the beer into the bowl, and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Bake for 1 hour. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center of the beer bread comes out clean.